In this regard, CDH Investment Bank Limited requires a highly skilled, motivated and innovative person that will fit the corporate ambitions of a highly creative and innovative bank. The bank invites applications from suitably qualified individuals for the position of Account Relationship Manager, tenable at Capital City Banking Centre in Lilongwe.
Position: Account Relationship Manager
The position reports to the Banking Centre Manager in all respects.
The position holder will be required to lead in seeking to grow total client earnings across the range of products with particular emphasis on increasing the total client return.
The job holder will be responsible for maintaining and growing a segregated portfolio of clients in the area of business. The job is predominantly a sales job which involves a wide scale of customer relationship management
The manager shall be responsible for:
- Growing existing business, identifying potential new banking business opportunities and providing the appropriate solutions, while contributing to the bottom-line through accomplishment of profit and growth targets.
- Generating credit proposals and managing a credit portfolio within the designated market segment.
- Managing relationships in line with the bank’s strong relationship banking culture, through on-going customer contact (client calling and visiting initiatives), writing call reports, quality customer service and superior product knowledge.
- Accountable for product utilization growth through proper client onboarding and cross selling.
- Conducting thorough market research, understanding client needs and business environment, strategies and industry in order to innovate on provide best solutions to address banking client needs.
- Generating winning responses to Request For Proposals (RFP) or Request for information (RFI) from banking clients.
- Promoting product and service awareness through frequent client meetings and discussions covering new products, market and industry developments.
- Maintaining comprehensive knowledge of regulatory and legal issues in the financial industry.
- Existing client relationships and rapport with a wide client target base in the area of specialization.
- Understanding of the competition’s capabilities and gaps to better position the bank.
- Noticeable executive presence supported by articulate excellent presentation, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Extensive knowledge of modern sales and marketing practices.
- Mature and responsible individual who can work with minimum supervision.
- Ability to work and cope with tight work schedules and working in a fast-paced environment.
- Highly developed entrepreneurial insight with capacity to attract and retain clients.
- Strong in learning agility and capable of assimilating new information, meeting client needs.
- Ability to think innovatively, producing new ideas.
- Proven ability to work as part of a team, results oriented and motivated to deliver excellent client service.
Qualification and experience
- A graduate degree in Business Administration, Banking, Finance, Economics or equivalent from a recognized university.
- At least 5 years’ managerial experience in a banking environment.
The position offers a remuneration package and benefits commensurate with its seniority, level of skills and experience.
How to apply
Interested persons who meet the minimum requirements outlined above may forward applications in person, by post or email to the address below, to be received no later than close of business on 30th December 2020.
Applications must be accompanied by:
- A detailed curriculum vitae
- Certified copies of academic qualifications
- Certified copy of valid national identity document/passport; and
- Details of three contactable referees.
Please note applications that do not meet all the requirements specified above will not be considered.
Only shortlisted applications will be acknowledged.
Chief Executive Officer/Managing Director
CDH Investment Bank Limited
PO Box 1444
Email: [email protected]