Evangelical Bible College of Malawi (EBCoM) is a Christian inter-denominational College which was established in 1964 to train pastors and other Christian workers who serve in different churches and the society in Malawi and neighbouring countries. EBCoM invites applications from suitably qualified and experienced persons as follows:
Job Title: Administration and Account Assistant
Accountable to: The Business Manager
Job Summary: Responsible for the daily operation of the financial and administrative
Clerical duties of the College
Responsible over: Administration and Support Staff
Date to report for duties: Immediately after an appointment is made
- Diploma in Business Administration or Accounting or its equivalent with three or five years’ experience respectively in the similar job with a well-established and competent institution.
- Should be a God-fearing born again Christian of an Evangelical Denomination.
- Able to work with less or no supervision.
- Attentive to details, self-motivated, creative and proactive.
- Good written and spoken English.
- Knowledge and experience in the use of Sage Accounting package.
- A person with financial discipline.
- Ability to control, discipline and guide staff under his/her supervision.
- Knowledge of the auditing process, insurance issues and calculation of taxes.
- Handle and record all financial transactions appropriately. This includes payment of staff salaries.
- Manage the College’s financial information, making regular reports and preparing for the annual audit.
- Handle requisition requests, and make appropriate purchases for the approved requisition.
- Ensure that bills are paid by the due date, arranging with Business Manager to transfer funds into an appropriate College bank account if necessary.
- Receipting cash and cheques received and ensuring that it is fully banked and maintain bank deposits and cheque payment records
- Reconcile Bank records with bank statements
- Manage conference bookings and arrange to ensure all necessary work is done to facilitate the conference.
- Maintain and manage inventory control of stationery
- Carry out general administrative duties as required by the Business Manager.
- Carry our reception and secretarial duties
- Integrate administrative and accounting functions smoothly
How to apply
Qualified and interested candidates should send their applications together with the CVs with not less than three traceable referees not later than 6th January, 2021 addressed to:
Evangelical Bible College of Malawi
P.O. B0x 243
Email: [email protected]
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
If you don’t meet the above requirements, please do not apply.