Applications are invited from suitably qualified persons to fill the post of Secretary/Administrative
Assistant tenable at the University of Blantyre Synod.
The key duties and responsibilities shall include:
- Providing secretarial service to the Vice Chancellor`s and Registrar`s offices including taking
- minutes at staff meeting.
- Establishing and maintaining students` and staff records.
- Ensuring that students and staff have identity cards.
- Managing office supplies.
- Ensuring proper cleaning and maintenance of University premises.
- Reporting all faults and ensuring proper repairs are done in a timely manner.
- Maintaining University calendar and scheduling appointments.
- Scheduling in-house and external events.
- Maintaining and updating filing system.
- Arranging travel and accommodation.
- Booking meeting venues as required.
- Assisting departmental heads in the processing of examination papers.
- And undertaking any other responsibilities assigned from time to time.
- The ideal candidate should have at least:
- Diploma in Secretarial Studies or its equivalent.
- Proven work experience as Secretary or Administrative Assistant for not less than three years.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of office procedures.
- Proficiency in computers.
Applicants should submit their applications, accompanied by updated Curriculum Vitae, copies of their
relevant certificates plus the names and addresses of three traceable referees one of which should be the
last or current employer not later than 24th December, 2020 to;
University of Blantyre Synod
P.O. Box 413
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be acknowledged.