BSED with financial and technical support from Save the Children International is implementing a five -year Norad Framework Agreement Programme Securing Children’s Rights through Education and Protection (SCREP) that is funded by the Norwegian Agency for Development Cooperation (Norad). The main goal of the project is call girls and boys learn and are safe in a quality learning environment. The programme will be implemented in Mwanza, Neno, Mzimba South and Lilongwe Urban Education Districts from 2019-2023. The Programme aims to contribute to the strengthening of Civil Society in Malawi to demand quality education with attention to learning outcomes, inclusion, protection from ut.dd marriage and teenage pregnancies and access to Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights (SRHR). It is multi-sectoral and integrated with the underlying basis being UN Convention on the Rights of the Child
CCAP Blantyre Synod is inviting applications from suitably qualified and experienced individuals to fill the position of Assistant Accountant currently existing in the Education Department.
Position: Assistant Accountant (2 Posts)
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
S/he shall be responsible for:
- Preparing financial documents such as invoices, bills, and accounts payable and receivable
- Managing payroll
- Completing financial reports on a timely basis (Monthly, quarterly and Annually) and providing information to the finance team
- Completing bank reconciliations
- Entering financial information into appropriate software programs
- Managing company ledgers
- Processing business expenses
- Coordinating internal and external audits
- Verifying balances in account books and rectifying discrepancies
- Verifying bank deposits
- Managing day-to-day transactions
- Recording office expenditures and ensuring these expenses are within the set budget and internal controls
- Assisting the finance department and senior accounting staff members with various tasks, including preparing budgets, records, and statements
- Posting daily receipts
- Completing the year-end analysis
- Managing/Monitoring monthly budgeting tasks (Analyzing Budget lines vs Actuals)
- Encoding accounting entries for data processing
- Reviewing computer reports for accuracy and meticulously tracing errors back to their source Resolving errors in financial reports and correcting faulty reporting methods
- Ensuring documents are properly filed.
The minimum qualification and experience required are the following:
- University degree in Accounting or its equivalent.
- At least 3 years experience in similar position in busy environment
- Adequate skills in Data Entry: Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent Skills with Microsoft Office;
- Payroll Experience;
- Experience in Balance Sheet Account Preparation;
- Detail Oriented;
- Organized; Timely.
- Competent IT Skills;
- Strong Bookkeeping Skills;
- Understanding of Budgetary Principles;
- Strong Written and Oral Communication
- Experience in management project/donor funds and school finance management
- High level of interpersonal and management skills
- High level of integrity, strong result oriented, drive for excellence and creativity.
- Dedicated Christian
How to apply
Applications indicating on envelop or email subject line the position being applied for with detailed Curriculum Vitae containing three traceable referees (one of which must be the most immediate line supervisor)
The Human Resources Manager
CCAP Blantyre Synod
P.O. Box 413
Email: [email protected]
Closing date for receiving applications is 21st December, 2020. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.