Search For Jobs offers in Malawi
Tetra Tech International Development Services
headquartered in Arlington, VA is currently accepting expressions of interest from qualified Gender Advisor candidates for the Integrated Land and Resource Governance (ILRG) program.
Position Description/Summary: ILRG requires a long-term dynamic leader in the land and resource governance sector with the ability to engage effectively with senior government officials, as well as customary leaders on fit-for-purpose land administration in Malawi. The Country Coordinator will provide overall leadership to the two-year ILRG project in Malawi and will support partner organizations and government to enhance land and resource tenure security. The Country Coordinator will ensure that the program integrates gender and social inclusion, uses innovative technologies, resolves conflict, builds capacity and promotes dialogue among state, customary leaders and local communities on rural land and resource rights. The ILRG project is supporting land administration in customary areas of Malawi; collaborating with government to build internal capacity as well as the capacity of chiefdoms and civil society organizations through technical assistance on land documentation processes and data management; advancing women’s economic empowerment; and engaging with government on inclusive land and resource policy and law. While activities will be undertaken in different parts of Malawi, this position will be located in the main office in Lilongwe, with frequent trips to a Traditional Land Management Area to be decided.
* Providing quality assurance/quality control of all ILRG Malawi deliverables;
* Providing leadership, supervision, and direction to the project’s partners and consultants;
* Maintaining government relationships with Ministry of Lands, Housing and Urban Development and the Land Reform Implementation Unit;
* Liaising with cooperating partners in Malawi to share lessons learned on the land documentation, learning and knowledge management activities;
* Coordinating the preparation of work plans that define the activities to be carried out under the project, of progress reports that update the client on project implementation, and of all other major project deliverables defined in the contract;
* Ensuring that contractual obligations are met and that annual work plans are being successfully implemented;
* Meeting with USAID/Malawi client and carrying out frequent phone calls and coordination with ILRG global team and USAID/Washington;
* Managing project personnel;
* Representing project in country at conferences, seminars, and other professional meetings;
* Overseeing financial and administrative performance and compliance in line with USAID regulations and Malawian law; and
* Ensuring timely and accurate collection and submission of data and information for monitoring, evaluation, and learning.
* MSc/PhD in one or more of the following: land, natural resource management, anthropology/sociology, database management, or GIS.
* At least 15 years of relevant technical experience within the above technical area.
* At least 5 years of program and financial management experience.
* Previous management of USAID programs for international contractors is desirable.
* Data and data management proficiency preferred.
* GIS, mapping, and cartography experience preferred.
* Excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
* Excellent interpersonal skills and team building skills.
* Ability to prioritize tasks, meet deadlines, and work in multicultural environment.
* Ability to represent the program with high-level government officials and customary authorities is required.
* Only candidates who are eligible to work in Malawi for an indefinite period without a need for sponsorship will be considered for this position.
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the on-line process:
* Cover Letter
* CV in reverse chronological format
* Reference List
Please indicate where you saw Tetra Tech’s IDS ad posted.
Apply on-line at:
Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration.
No phone calls will be accepted.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees – 20,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in over 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.