Search For Jobs offers in Malawi
This position requires in depth knowledge of payroll deduction consumer lending. Only candidates with a minimum of 7 years non-banking financial services will be considered. Additionally, candidates need to have 4+ years senior management experience. A masters or postgraduate degree from an accredited university will increase the chances of a successful application.
The successful candidate will oversee the consumer lending business for Malawi and will be required to interact with executives and board members for First Capital Bank Malawi.
Ideally a Malawian citizen or a permanent resident in Malawi or overseas wanting to return to Malawi. Expatriates will also be considered for the position.
Candidates without the right experience will not be considered.
· Reporting to the Country CEO and Group Head of Consumer Lending
· Management of whole operation – Operations, Sales, Analytics, Credit and Systems
· Business Profitability – Interest Income revenue – Loan Book Performance – Provisions – Asset Volume
· Manage entire business vertical to ensure optimum growth and profitability
· Cost Control across the business unit on sales and operational sides
· Set overall strategy for Consumer Lending
· Work closely with Country CEO, Head of Retail and Group Head of Consumer Lending
· Analyse provided by analysts to take decisions to maximise long term profitability
· Plan future growth of the business
· Provide feedback regarding the consumer lending market micro and macro development
· Work with teams to manage departmental audits and audit items. Ensure that all audits are adequately responded to and managed to achieve adequate results.
· Report to Board Credit Committee about the state of the Business Vertical
· Report to the Board Risk Committee regarding risks and risk management of Business Vertical
· Report to Country Board of Directors regarding results, development and growth of the Business Vertical in Malawi
· Budgeting and forecasting for the Consumer Lending Business
· Providing accurate and regular reports to Group Head and Malawi CEO regarding the performance of the Consumer Lending Business Vertical
Managing Development/Improvements and Implementation of systems to ensure successful growth of the Consumer Lending Business Vertical in Malawi.
To apply for this job please visit