AMG Global’s Client, CBM – Malawi, an International Non-Governmental Organization, seeks to engage a Country Programme Manager. The position is tenable in Lilongwe.
The Country Programme Manager will contribute to the successful delivery of the Country Plan by establishing strong capacity in project design, proposal development, effective project implementation, monitoring and evaluation, and learning with CBM’s partner organizations. This role will build the capacity of the country office and partners’ project staff.
- Provide programmatic leadership in the development and implementation of the Country Plan, aligned with the Federation Strategy.
- Put in place effective MBE framework to regularly measure progress on implementing the Country Plan, drawing and sharing lessons learned and applying adaptive management.
- Organize and conduct initial and regularly updated organizational capacity assessments and/or partnership reviews, jointly develop plans to address capacity gaps, identify solutions, monitor implementation and document learning.
- Support funding diversification strategies with partners.
- Promote, respond, document and share partner feedback regarding their relationship with CBM and associated partnership requirements
- Ensure high quality of project and programme plans with effective delivery and fulfilment of objectives and utilization of budgets.
- Promote inclusion of monitoring, evaluation and learning components with partners and support the dissemination of learning.
Advocacy, Technical Advice and Representation
- With the Country Director, promote CBM and its mission to local partners and authorities manage engagement with national alliances, partners, and in particular Donor Partner Organizations to define and support national advocacy priorities.
Communication and Resource Mobilization
- Monitor in-country calls for proposals from institutional donors and support the Country Director in building focused relationships with representatives of such donors and other NGOs with whom CBM can collaborate.
- Manage and coach the CBM country programme staff, which includes: selection, job description updates, performance management, capacity development planning, work plans and follow up, delegation and motivation.
- Support country assessment, risk planning, management and reporting + Carry-out role specific responsibility for safety and security.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND COMPETENCIES:
- Relevant university degree in social sciences, international development or related field.
- Professional experience of 10 years in an NGO/INGO with a minimum of 5 years at senior level.
- Experience in developing and managing institutionally funded projects + experience in results-based management and project cycle management, including assessment, monitoring and evaluation with a sound understanding of budgeting and programme finance management.
- Experience in developing rights-based programmes and working with marginalized and excluded groups.
- Strong oral and written communication skills + Team management.
How to apply
Applicants, meeting the required qualifications, experience and competencies, should send their application, together with a detailed curriculum vitae, and names of three traceable referees (preferably from previous employers) to the address listed, below, quoting reference number: ‘CO 2020/22’. The closing date for applications is Friday, 31st December 2020. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. CBM encourages persons with disabilities to apply for this position. For further information about CBM’s Inclusion Policy, please visit our Resources and Publications sections at www.cbm.org.
HR Search & Outsourcing
Blantyre: Global House, Kristwick, Chipembere Highway, Box 2051, Blantyre. Malawi
Lilongwe: Honeywell Plaza, Area 14, City Centre, Box 30440, Lilongwe 3, Malawi
Mzuzu: MPICO House, Box 33, Mzuzu, Malawi
Email: [email protected]