Search For Jobs offers in Malawi
Applicants are invited to apply the following position:
POSITION: Data Officer (Intern)
1 post, based in Blantyre
To transfer research data from printed / written documents to electronic database format, and perform checks on the quality of the data provided and entered into databases.
1. To work only under guidelines and standard operating protocols (SOPs) as laid out by the Data Manager, Team Leader and/ or Principle Investigator.
2. To work using safe practice, respecting the safety of fellow workers at all times and to work within Health and Safety Guidelines as set by the Health and Safety Officer.
3. To attend relevant meetings and trainings both internal and external as available and as requested.
1. To enter data into research databases
2. To design electronic database tables and forms to be used for data entry.
3. To run procedures for identification of data entry discrepancies (differences) and check listed discrepancies against source data documents for research studies.
4. To maintain Case Record Forms, other research data documents and Project Data Management files in an orderly manner.
5. Data Verification and Validation in liaison with the Data Manager
6. To raise queries on missing, illegible or inconsistent data recorded on eCRF (Case Record Forms) or paper and other research data documents.
7. To liaise with the Data Manager and the Team Leader, or his/her appointee in addressing queries raised in 3 and 6 above.
8. To know and follow Standard Operating Procedures adopted by the Data Team.
9. To maintain all equipment entrusted to him/her and report any break-downs preferably in good time for remedial actions to be taken
1. To ensure maximum confidentiality and security of research data especially if it is un-blinded for example biodata of research participants.
2. To ensure that data is securely transported between study sites and backed up every week.
3. To be responsible for real-time monitoring of quality of data entered at the study site.
4. Write weekly, quarterly and annual Status reports on Site Data Management activities.
5. Assist in planning of Field work activities
6. Make sure that the site has internet connectivity at all time.
7. Reporting any malfunctioning equipment especially computers and data entry tablets.
8. Cross check laboratory and clinical forms against source documents
9. To participate in regular study team meetings to evaluate and plan study activities
10. Site Maintaining ICT inventory sheet up to date
11. To assist in other data-related work within TRUE data team deemed appropriate by scientific leader, site coordinator and the Principal Investigator.
12. To develop into the Internal Monitor for the study
13. Any other duties assigned by the Data Manager, Team leader and Site Manager from time to time.
The candidate should be a holder of a bachelor’s degree in information processing or
computer science (preferably a new graduate)
• Resides within Blantyre (desired)
• Interested in clinical research
TRUE is an equal employer and does not discriminate according to nationality, gender or religion.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
All interested applicants with the required qualifications and experience should complete their details by completing this form
Closing date 30th September 2020
Only short-listed candidates will be acknowledged.
To apply for this job please visit