Prime Insurance Company Limited (PICL) is a registered Malawian owned general insurance company which offers a wide range of insurance covers. The company seeks to recruit a suitably qualified and experienced individuals to fill the vacant post of Debt Collector tenable at company’s Head office in Lilongwe.
Position: DEBT COLLECTOR (1 post)
Reporting to the Assistant Accountant – Revenue, the successful candidates will be responsible for supporting Prime Insurance in its debt collection business processes by systematic collection of debts following the set down business processes, credit policies and procedures to enhance collection.
Key duties include;
- Maintaining collection records by keeping a correct and accurate record of all customer communications, such as agreed upon settlement payment plans.
- Thorough focus on collection of due amount within 30 days to prevent bad debt build up.
- Account reconciliation and dispute resolution/clean up within 30 days
- Monitoring assigned accounts to identify outstanding balance.
- Planning and implementing a course of action to recover outstanding payments.
- Aggressive collection engagement with customer through efficient and customer centric mode of intervention.
- Promote new solutions and strategies in relation to debt recovery.
- Manage the assigned client portfolio and maintain frequent visits to their office/places.
- Update customer on their outstanding issues, requests and enquires through regular contact in order to recover outstanding debts.
- A Diploma in Accounting (PAEC, ACCA) and those with a Degree in Accounting will have an added advantage.
- A minimum of 5 years relevant working experience in financial sector and debt collection.
- Must be a self- motivated person with high-level maturity and integrity.
- Must have a good computer knowledge
How to apply
Interested applicants who meet the above requirements must submit an application letter and an updated CV with three traceable referees one of which should be recent or last employer to the below address not later than 17th December 2020 to:
The Human Resources Manager
Prime Insurance Company Limited
Chief Kilipula House
P.O Box 30280
Email: [email protected]