Reporting to: The Diocesan Secretary
Location: Diocesan Secretariat- Kanjedza Limbe
Summary of the job description
Ensuring that the financial reporting system is in line with the International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS’s) and aiding the Diocese in achieving its strategic financial objectives.
Duties and responsibilities
- Responsible for preparation of draft financial statements in accordance to relevant IFRS’s for external audit file.
- Production of monthly management accounts with supporting schedules.
- Analyzing information and using it to make management decisions.
- Preparation and monitoring of annual budgets and reporting to management on actual performance and reasons for variances.
- Monitoring daily cash flow of the Diocese and financial forecast
- Explaining the financial consequences of business decisions by applying accounting techniques to plan and budget to Diocesan Management and the Board of Finance.
- Monitoring spending and financial contribution, identifying and managing risk for the Diocese and all related projects.
- Ensuring that each Project and department submits reports in time at Head quarters for preparation of management accounts.
- Ensuring that taxation obligations are met in conformity with the law and regulations; and paying taxes as and when they fall due.
- Checking reconciliations of major accounts balances before closure of Monthly management accounts.
- Supervising and mentoring accounts staff
- Assisting compilation of board papers during Holy Synods, DSC etc
- Managing internal and external auditors.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accountancy from a fully recognized university or studying towards completion of becoming a Chartered Accountant
- Must be a paid-up member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in Malawi (ICAM) and in good standing.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- At least three (3) years post qualification experience working in a busy accounting office preferably in the commercial sector.
- Hands on experience in using Quick Books
- Excellent team work and supervisory skills
- Willing to work old hours in cases of pressure of work
- Good knowledge of setting up systems and procedures in a Religious set up.
- Experience in external or internal audit would be an added advantage
- Enthusiasm of working with people of different professional background
How to apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their applications together with updated curriculum vitae, with names of three traceable referees, one of whom must be the most recent employer preferably through email to:
Email: [email protected] or [email protected]
You can also post to:
The Diocesan Secretary
Anglican Diocese of Southern Malawi
P.O. Box 30220
Closing date is 30th December, 2020.