- Providing oversight and technical support to the Spotlight Initiative at the district level by serving as the district coordination focal point with respect to Spotlight interventions and operations at that level;
- Convene regular meetings with all Joint UN Programme Implementing Partners (IPs), District officials working on GBV and development, and Spotlight UN Volunteers, to facilitate information-sharing, identify opportunities for cross-project collaboration and synthesize best practices and lessons learned;
- Leading partnership-building on behalf of the Spotlight Initiative with district stakeholders, in accordance with instructive guidance provided by the Joint Programme Implementation Team based in Lilongwe;
- Work closely with district authorities to ensure the activities align with district priorities and plans and to ensure full ownership of the SI by district authorities
- Developing district action plans for programme implementation, in line with the Spotlight Joint Annual Work Plan, and support the implementation of the Spotlight Initiative at the district level;
- Updating calendar of events for the district and ensuring smooth implementation of activities by the various IPs
- Ensuring that monthly progress reports are prepared and shared with the Joint Programme Implementation Team in Lilongwe in a timely manner;
- Capacity strengthening of the District Gender and Youth Officers, and other relevant district council staff to ensure sustainability of the Spotlight Initiative
- Ensure effective application of Results Based Management (RBM) tools through effective monitoring of the execution of the district annual implementation plan on a monthly basis and ensure the achievement of Programme results;
- Conducting monitoring visits according to the implementation plan and providing technical guidance to district programme focal persons, wherever necessary;
- Facilitate opportunities for cross-project planning and implementation through joint field visits, joint needs assessments and technical assessments;
- Working with the Joint Programme Implementation Team in Lilongwe to facilitate project visits, whenever necessary.
- Working closely with the District Director of Finance (Government) to ensure that all direct reports comply with financial monitoring standards and that they meet monthly budget variance targets as well as budgeting and reporting requirements of UN Agencies;
- Improving the skills of direct reports and develop District Councils’ capacity to comply with the provisions of the partnership agreement.
- Working closely with all the Spotlight Initiative partners (both Government ministries and NGOs/CSOs) to ensure that activities are delivered in a timely manner while meeting the relevant quality standards;
- Participate in district level meetings, including the District Executive Meetings, whenever invited.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in the areas of Gender, Sexual and Gender-Based Violence, Harmful Practices, Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights, Protection, Child Protection and other related areas
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in programme coordination
- Outstanding communication, project management and organizational skills;
- Familiarity with the working environment and professional standards of international organizations;
- Proven experience building and maintaining partnerships with Government, other development partners and the UN;
- Experience in working with NGOs and the Civil Society, and with participatory approaches;
- Experience in inter-agency or inter-organisation programme coordination is an asset
Important applicant information
All posts in the SC categories are subject to local recruitment.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
Contract Duration: 1 Year