Search For Jobs offers in Malawi
Gender and Inclusion Specialist – The Malawi T&I Programme
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved – and is committed to continuing to improve – economies, societies and most importantly, people’s lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and Role:
The Malawi Trade and Investment Programme (MTIP) is an upcoming programme funded by FCDO which aims to accelerate inclusive economic growth in Malawi. The Value Chain component of MTIP will contribute to this vision by facilitating investment and innovations across high value export agriculture markets – leading to increased productivity (volumes), quality and sales across select sectors.
The G&I Specialist will provide strategic direction to ensure MTIP strategy is informed by a thorough understanding of systemic constraints that are preventing women and other marginalised segments of the population to participate in, contribute to and benefit from growth. S/he will ensure that project activities mainstream G&I and that targeted interventions are implemented as required, building the capacity of the core team.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
* Conduct ongoing G&I Assessments, integrated and ad-hoc, to ensure MTIPs has an in-depth understanding of who and where the marginalised are as well their systemic constraints;
* Develop and support the implementation of MTIP’s G&I Strategy/Action Plans
* Mainstream G&I into project activities and project management tools, including tracking of gender equality results and gender-sensitive analysis of data collected;
* Provide G&I inputs to the Monitoring and Results Measurement work;
* Identify capacity development needs with regard to GESI knowledge, awareness, and practices of the project staff and design and facilitate capacity development and training initiatives to mainstream G&I including gender-sensitive trainings/sessions to ensure the di fferential needs, constraints, capacities, priorities of women and men targeted by the project are understood and addressed;
* Leverage consultations with women’s groups and other community stakeholders to incorporate best practices in women’s economic empowerment into the project;
* Identify strategic interventions to increase capacity, supply and demand of empowered women by creating an enabling environment for gender equality;
* In-depth understanding of gender equality and social inclusion in the context of agriculture in Malawi
* Proven experience conducing gender assessments for agriculture value chain/market systems programmes, including assessing systemic constraints that prevent women and the marginalised to contribute to and benefit from growth;
* Proven experience mainstreaming GESI and Women’s Economic Empowerment in agriculture value chain/market systems programmes, t hroughout the intervention cycle (analysis, design, implementation, monitoring and learning)