The Head of Collections – Malawi will be responsible for overseeing and managing the entire collections process and staff of Malawi. This will include the management of and reporting on both early and late-stage collections to ensure accurate processing and collections of payments, within targeted and budgeted requirements as well as providing leadership and guidance to all collections staff.
Position: Head of Collections (micro-finance)
- Ensure monthly collections remain at acceptable group-level
- Ensure all payments from employers are obtained each month and follow up with PCA and, where applicable, the employer, on any outstanding payments.
- Ensure that sound relationships are created and maintained with key staff and management at the payrolls of all Government Ministries, UMRA Departments and Agencies (“MDAs”) and private entities which Access deals with, as well as with external service providers (PCA’s).
- Ensure that all categories of arrears are equitably and timeously monitored, managed and reported on, and that the data, process, and results are well documented, indexed and preserved.
- Ensure that all relevant performance and management data is timeously and accurately collected, collated, analyzed, and disseminated.
- Provide leadership, guidance, and training to develop personnel and ensure the transference of skills and efficient achievement of goals and objectives.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- A relevant tertiary qualification (such as a B Com Degree)
- Preference will also be given to candidates with applicable certificates in Legal Collections and Credit Management.
- The company will only look at candidates who have no less than FIVE years relevant, working experience of which at least two should have been in a similar role.
- Government payroll and/or other payroll loan collections experience is essential.
- Malawian Microlending or related financial services experience is essential.
- Knowledge of Malawi laws relating to financial services, particularly concerning Microlending, is essential.
- A strong command of English, both written and verbal is a requirement of the job
How to apply
If you wish to apply for the position, please send your CV to Clifford Ndlebe at:
Email: [email protected]
Please visit www.caglobalint.com for more exciting opportunities.
Finance and Banking
CA Global will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.
Clifford Ndlebe | Recruitment Consultant
CA Finance Recruitment | Tel: +27216599200
Email: [email protected]
Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. All CV’s will be saved on our database for future positions