Search For Jobs offers in Malawi
Inclusive Market Systems/Value Chain Development Specialists – The Malawi T&I Programme
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved – and is committed to continuing to improve – economies, societies and most importantly, people’s lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and Role:
The Malawi Trade and Investment Programme (MTIP) is an upcoming programme funded by FCDO which aims to accelerate inclusive economic growth in Malawi. The Value Chain component of MTIP will contribute to this vision by facilitating investment and innovations across high value export agriculture markets – leading to increased productivity (volumes), quality and sales across select sectors.
The Inclusive Market Systems Development Specialists will be part of the core project team. They will be in charge of identifying and analysing systemic constraints that are preventing inclusive growth in Malawi; design and deliver innovations in partnership with market actors which can ad dress constraints sustainably and at scale, and; support monitoring and results measurement to prove and improve results generated by the programme.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
* Analyse agriculture market systems/value chain in Malawi and identify gaps and barriers that hinder the inclusive development/growth of these systems;
* Identify facilitation activities with private sector and relevant market actors that will benefit the sectors and increase incomes of poor rural households;
* Develop strategies to introduce innovations and sustainable business models to increase the market competitiveness;
* Ensure that MTIP activities are inclusive and contribute to addressing systemic constraints that hamper the ability of women and other marginalised segments of the population to participate in, contribute to and benefit from growth;
* Negotiate deals with market actors that lead to the introduction of innovative and inclu sive business models;
* Manage the implementation of designed innovations, including technical inputs from external consultants/advisors;
* Supported by the MRM Manager, monitor the progress and adjust strategies;
* Collaborate with the rest of the team and other MTIP components to develop synergistic interventions across select markets;
* Contribute to knowledge management, communications and learning;
* In-depth understanding of agriculture sectors in Malawi, including key stakeholders (private and public) constraints and opportunities;
* Proven experience in agriculture value chains development/market systems development in Malawi and/or similar context, including market research/analysis, intervention design, deal making and implementation
* Experience in high value agricultural value chains that have grown and restructured towards exports;
* Understanding of current political economy issues