Illovo Sugar (Malawi) plc is the country’s leading producer of raw and refined sugar as well as specialty sugar. It employs more than 9000 permanent and seasonal employees in a year at its corporate office in Limbe and operation sites at Dwangwa and Nchalo. Illovo Sugar (Malawi) Plc is part of Illovo Sugar Africa Group, operating in 6 countries in Africa, and is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Associated British Foods Plc (ABF), a diversified international food, ingredients and retail group operating in 48 countries.
Illovo Sugar (Malawi) plc invites applications from suitably qualified persons to fill the position of Maintenance Manager based at the Dwangwa Factory. The incumbent will be reporting to Factory Manager.
- Provide direction, technical guidance and leadership in maintenance to ensure maximum plant availability and design capacity
- Lead and embed the “Illovo Way in maintenance” to ensure Illovo is the best in class sugar producer
- Implement preventative and reactive maintenance in line with the Illovo Asset Management (iAMP) Programme
- Partner with finance to develop maintenance budget and ensure maintenance activities are managed within budget and achieve cost synergies
- Optimize maintenance performance, by holding teams accountable to achieve the highest standards of efficiencies and quality
- Ensure compliance with relevant local legislation pertaining to factories as well as the South African OSHAct.
- Ensure talent development and performance management are embedded in local ways of working whilst leveraging support functions and resources to develop capability
- Establish and lead a problem solving approach throughout the maintenance function to ensuring that appropriate techniques and tools are applied to effectively resolve issues
- Promote a culture of consistently assessing risks and drive continuous improvement throughout operations
- Adhere to and promote SHERQ & Food Safety standards
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical / Electrical Engineering or relevant Engineering qualification
- Eight years’ in manufacturing machinery maintenance
- Continuous improvement knowledge will be advantageous
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested applicants must submit detailed Curriculum Vitae with three traceable referees and a cover letter to:
HR Mill Head,
P.O. Box 46,
E-mail: [email protected]
Closing date of receiving applications is Friday, 4th December , 2020. Only shortlisted candidates will be acknowledged.
Sugar is our business, but People are our sweetest asset!