Search For Jobs offers in Malawi
Monitoring and Results Measurement Manager – The Malawi T&I Programme
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved – and is committed to continuing to improve – economies, societies and most importantly, people’s lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and Role:
The Malawi Trade and Investment Programme (MTIP) is an upcoming programme funded by FCDO which aims to accelerate inclusive economic growth in Malawi. The Value Chain component of MTIP will contribute to this vision by facilitating investment and innovations across high value export agriculture markets – leading to increased productivity (volumes), quality and sales across select sectors.
The Monitoring and Results Measurement Manager will be responsible to develop and implement the MTIP MRM system, in line with the Donor Committee for Enterprise Development (DCED) Standard, and support the rest of the core team in using data to inform the design, implementation and adaption of programme’s activities, leading to greatest possible impact and Value for Money. S/he will lead monitoring and results measurement activities to both prove and improve impact, and foster learning across key stakeholders.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
* Manage results-based planning to ensure that monitoring and measurement are integrated at the planning phase and throughout implementation
* Support the core team during the design phase to develop result chains, establish realistic intermediate and end-of-intervention impact targets and projections
* Lead the development of intervention guides (MRM framework at the intervention level) and conduct ongoing analysis of progress and projections and support the revision of such as required
* Assess reporting systems at the partners’ level and support partners with tools and capacity building for data collection
* Design, supervise and/or run surveys and data collection includ ing household level surveys
* Design, supervise and/or run integrated and ad-hoc studies to assess the programme’s impact on cross-cutting issues, included but not limited to, women’s economic empowerment and social inclusion
* Manage the aggregation system to report results at the programme level – including through platforms as Power BI
* Manage the value for money framework, including analysing and report results
* Produce technical notes on achieved results and learned lessons for adaptive management purposes
* Contribute to the preparation of reports
* Continuously adapt and improve the MRM system as needed
* Expertise in monitoring market systems development programmes, including development of monitoring and results measurement systems, logical frameworks and Value for Money;
* Proven experience in developing result chains, establishing realistic intermediate and end-o f-intervention impact targets and projections and supporting responsive monitoring for adaptive management;
* Proven experience designing/supervising/running surveys and data collection and analysis to assess programme’s impact, including on cross-cutting issues, included but not limited to, women’s economic empowerment and social inclusion
* Proven experience analysing, aggregating and reporting results, including case studies, reports and technical briefs
* Familiarity with the DCED Standard is highly desirable