Médecins Sans Frontières is a private, non-profit international humanitarian organization dedicated to providing medical assistance to populations in crisis, without discrimination and regardless of race, religion, creed or political affiliation. In Malawi, MSF works in collaboration with the Ministry of Health and the local community in integrated HIV/AIDS in Chiradzulu District and Cervical Cancer projects Blantyre districts.
MSFF is looking for its Blantyre Coordination office:
Position: PHARMACY SUPERVISOR (1 position)
Workplace : Blantyre
Type of contract : 6 month Fixed term contract with possible extension
Start date : ASAP
Main purpose of the position
Ensuring general functioning of the pharmacy and supervising pharmacy supply chain processes in accordance with MSF standards, protocols and procedures, in order to ensure its efficiency and operating availability
- Ensuring storage, stock management and supply processes, as well as hygiene and security procedures, tools, and protocols (controlling pests and rodents), implementing appropriate quality controls and records, in order to ensure good storage conditions (temperatures, humidity and light exposure) and availability of drugs and medical material, according to MSF protocols, national regulations and in cooperation with the logistics department.
- Coordinating the delivery, reception and recording of international and local orders, in close coordination with the logistics department, updating stock files and informing line managers on their status (shortfalls, over-stocking, expiry dates), in order to permanently ensure security stock levels and ensure efficient management of stock.
- Supervising orders of medical and drug material in order to ensure an efficient and appropriate consumption pattern under budget constraints.
- Supervising the supply of drugs to patients, according to medical prescriptions, informing them on consumption patterns and keeping conditions in order to ensure their therapeutic progression
- Ensuring efficient supply to other pharmacies managed/supported by MSF according to orders and stocks, and using cold chain when needed. Monitoring and analyzing orders of depending pharmacies in order to avoid ruptures of stock or having expired drugs.
- Supervising, with the HR department, the associated processes (sizing, staff shifts, recruitment, training, performance evaluation, development and internal/external communication) of the pharmaceutical team and the nursing staff, in order to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required and to improve their dispensing capabilities.
- Recording all items received and issued in computer (Isystock) and reporting on drug consumptions and medical equipment dispensed according to protocols, informing on unusual patterns as well as forecasting future needs, in order to rationalize the budget and to ensure availability.
- Assisting in training of nursing staff regarding dispensing of drugs and their side effects
Education: Degree/diploma in Pharmacy and valid registration with Pharmacist Council of Malawi.
Language: English and local language knowledge essential.
Experience: At least 1 year certified work experience as a Pharmacy Supervisor
- Results and Quality Orientation ,
- Teamwork and Cooperation
- Behavioral Flexibility
- Commitment to MSF Principles and
- Stress Management.
How to apply
Documents to provide:
- Cover letter, Updated CV Copies and work certificate(s) relevant for the position, ID copy
Deadline for submission of application: 8th December 2020
By Email: [email protected]
Subject Line: Pharmacy Supervisor
Médecins Sans Frontières – France
P.O. Box 2736, Blantyre, Malawi
WRITE « Pharmacy Supervisor ON ENVELOPE
NOTE: Letters, CVs and any documentation included in application package will not be returned. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. MSFF does not reimburse the possible costs for transportation for tests and interviews that may take place during the recruitment process. MSF is an equal opportunity employer and does not charge any application/recruitment or training fees. : if ever you are requested to pay any amount to process your application or access employment with MSF, do not pay and please inform the MSF administration at 0994343467 or
email: [email protected] as soon as possible.”