Search For Jobs offers in Malawi
We view employees as our most valuable asset, and the key to our success. That’s why we provide team members a career (not just a job), supported by training and development opportunities, and a positive, collaborative work environment. We offer the resources of a large company, while preserving our small company feel. Employees are encouraged to work hard, have fun and build strong relationships along the way! Community involvement, diversity and inclusion, and employee empowerment are central to our Company’s culture.
What We Offer:
* Competitive Pay and Benefits
* Strong Company and Safety Culture
* Rewarding Bonus Program
* Generous Paid Time Off Provisions
* 401K Retirement Savings Plan With Company Match
* Training and Educational Assistance Opportunities
We are currently accepting applications for a motivated, self-directed Project Manager to work onsite in East Africa.
The Project Manager I is responsible for profitably managing all administrative and field construction activities to quality standards, while maintaining relationships with all stakeholders on assigned projects. The Project Manager is expected to demonstrate leadership by following company standards and policies, achieving shared goals, developing others and building high morale and commitment.
What You’ll Do:
* Prepare and manage project schedule; identify and address long lead items; update project plan as required; initiate changes to ensure adherence
* Negotiate and execute change orders, subcontracts and purchase orders.
* Complete monthly project status reports, owner billings and financial risk assessments
* Identify and recommend value engineering and scope reduction opportunities
* Ensure project safety plan is completed and communicated to project team and subcontractors
* Assist with preconstruction efforts
* Manage buy-out process
* Detect constructability issues with project design
* Understand contract terms, budgets, insurance, bonds and change orders; ensure adherence including work progress being within scope
* Recommend staff development needs, disciplinary actions, job assignments and promotions
* Perform other duties as assigned
What We’re Looking For:
To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each previously stated duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and ability necessary to succeed in this role.
* Education: industry-related college degree is required.
* Experience: At least ten (10) years’ of commercial construction experience is required, including project management experience. Experience working on US Government projects valued up to $150M. Candidate should have experience managing others with a proven history of leading, teaching, developing and mentoring successfully. Experience in a fast-paced business environment is helpful.
* Skills: Business acumen, judgment, communication, solid leadership, client relations, negotiation, project management, solid construction knowledge, decision-making, conflict resolution, tact, adaptable and analytical abilities are all necessary skills for a Project Manager. Ability to obtain security clearance is required.
* Technology: Candidate should have experience with or be able to learn specific project management and scheduling software (ex: JDE, Procore, Bluebeam, Asta). Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite is required. Training will be provided on company standards.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position at this time.
The Company does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or agencies. Any resume submitted to any employee of the Company without a prior written search agreement will be considered unsolicited and the property of The Company. Please, no phone calls or emails.
The Company is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment (minorities, females, and veterans, individuals with disabilities, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected categories in accordance with state and federal laws). The Company is a drug and alcohol free workplace and background checks are required if applicable.
To apply for this job please visit