Search For Jobs offers in Malawi
We view employees as our most valuable asset, and the key to our success. That’s why we provide team members a career (not just a job), supported by training and development opportunities, and a positive, collaborative work environment. We offer the resources of a large company, while preserving our small company feel. Employees are encouraged to work hard, have fun and build strong relationships along the way! Community involvement, diversity and inclusion, and employee empowerment are central to our Company’s culture.
What We Offer:
* Competitive Pay and Benefits
* Strong Company and Safety Culture
* Rewarding Bonus Program
* Generous Paid Time Off Provisions
* 401K Retirement Savings Plan With Company Match
* Training and Educational Assistance Opportunities
We are currently accepting applications for a motivated, self-directed Project Superintendent to work onsite in East Africa.
This position is contingent upon award of the contract. Supervises daily construction work performed at the site. Construction Superintendents report directly to the assigned On-Site Project Manager.
What You’ll Do:
* Directly supervise and coordinate activities of numerous minor construction projects.
* Perform supervisory and management functions reporting to On-Site Project Manager.
* May also engage in the same construction trades work as the workers being supervised.
* Supervise crews to obtain top quality workmanship, efficiency, employee satisfaction, morale, communication, commitment, teamwork, and pride.
* Reviews and verifies crew time sheets and submits to Payroll on specified days.
* Recognizes and communicates any priority projects or problems, such as employee or job costing issues and complaints from the client.
* Ensures that proper safety and incident reporting procedures are followed, bring problems to the attention of the On-Site Project Manager, Construction Manager, Safety Department, or HR Manager.
* Coordinate subcontract work onsite for all trades assigned to the project.
* Coordinates, directs, and leads workers engaged in construction activities.
* International travel is required.
What We’re Looking For:
To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each previously stated duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and ability necessary to succeed in this role.
* Education: High school diploma or GED is required. Industry-related college degree is preferred.
* Experience: At least five (5) years, of related skill, knowledge, and on-the-job construction experience in multiple trades and disciplines is required. Up to ten years of experience is preferred. Experience working on US Government projects valued up to $150M and projects overseas. Candidate should have experience managing others with a proven history of leading, teaching, developing and mentoring successfully. Experience in a fast-paced business environment is helpful. Must be able to obtain a forklift license and skid steer license. Must possess OSHA 30 training as well.
* Skills: Business acumen, judgment, communication, solid leadership, client relations, negotiation, project management, solid construction knowledge, decision-making, conflict resolution, tact, adaptable and analytical abilities are all necessary skills for a Project Superintendent. Ability to obtain security clearance is required.
* Technology: Candidate should have experience with or be able to learn specific project management and scheduling software (ex: JDE, Procore, Bluebeam, Asta). Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite is required. Training will be provided on company standards.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position at this time.
The Company does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or agencies. Any resume submitted to any employee of the Company without a prior written search agreement will be considered unsolicited and the property of The Company. Please, no phone calls or emails.
The Company is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment (minorities, females, and veterans, individuals with disabilities, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected categories in accordance with state and federal laws). The Company is a drug and alcohol free workplace and background checks are required if applicable.
To apply for this job please visit