CIHEB is seeking a Regional Technical Advisor – Laboratory Quality Management System (QMS). This position will support our Laboratory strengthening programmes in Botswana, Malawi, Mozambique and Nigeria with a focus on improving HIV-related laboratory infrastructure, data utilization, training and adherence to quality management systems as part of the U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR).
Position: Regional Technical Advisor – Laboratory Quality Management System (QMS)
The Regional Technical Advisor will provide strategic leadership in the design, implementation, and evaluation of projects aimed at strengthening laboratory management.
Under the direction and supervision of the CIHEB Laboratory Director, the Technical Advisor, QMS will;
- Coordinate QMS programs for HIV and related laboratory testing at the national and regional level.
- Provide expert technical assistance in Quality Management System (QMS) and accreditation according to ISO 15189 standards.
- Support the expansion of internal and external quality assessments to support HIV, EID, VL, and TB testing.
- Liaise with MoH and key stakeholders and participate in planning and/or participating in meetings that pertain to strategic planning of laboratory issues.
- Coordinate the implementation of QMS in PEPFAR supported laboratories through the expansion and enhancement of SLIPTA/SMTA.
- Provide technical assistance and training to improve the utilization and access of GeneXpert.
- Provide guidance to support waste management.
- Coordinate assessments, training, mentorship and continuous improvement towards accreditation.
- Coordinate national and regional technical working groups.
- Contribute to the development of manuals, standard operating guidelines, and training materials.
- Master’s degree in microbiology, molecular biology, virology, or relevant laboratory science
- At least 6 years’ experience in Laboratory operations and laboratory quality management systems and standards
- Experience in coordination of ISO 15189 accreditation process
- Knowledge of International Laboratory Accreditation Cooperation (ILAC) and other laboratory accreditation schemes
- Experience with HIV/AIDS, PEPFAR or Global Fund programs, public health or international development
- Demonstrated capacity for intercultural and interpersonal relations
- Must be fluent in oral and written English with excellent writing and verbal communication skills
- Able to travel internationally (estimated 30% time)
- Working Proficiency in Portuguese
- Field experience with MOH/partners in Botswana, Nigeria, Malawi or Mozambique
- Experience auditing QC labs or five years’ experience working in a quality control laboratory
How to apply
Applications from professionals with the right to work in Botswana, Nigeria, Malawi or Mozambique are highly encouraged.
Apply by Clicking HERE NOW
The Center for International Health, Education, and Biosecurity is an international health, education, and research center founded by the Institute of Human Virology in 2016 within the University of Maryland, Baltimore’s School of Medicine. CIHEB is comprised of a network of international experts who work with local stakeholders to combat infectious and non-communicable diseases in resource-limited regions of the world.