Applications are being invited from suitably qualified and experienced candidates to fill the following position tenable at ESCOM’s Head Office in Blantyre.
Position: SENIOR PROJECTS ENGINEER (CIVIL)
To ensure effective and efficient planning and implementation of major and minor infrastructure development works for ESCOM, including assisting in the preparation of procurement documents for local and international procurement processes and with a bias towards civil engineering works for power facilities. These infrastructure development works include, but not limited to, new power transmission lines infrastructure & associated substations, roads and buildings.
Also to provide advisory services to user Departments on proper planning for implementation and the actual execution of major maintenance activities involving civil works, including the implementation management of the maintenance activities.
- Implementation planning and implementation supervision for new power development projects, rehabilitation or refurbishment works and other major maintenance projects.
- Providing technical support and assistance in the preparation of procurement documents for local and international procurement processes and with a bias towards civil engineering works;
- Direct Supervision and Implementation Management in the execution of major maintenance and minor project activities involving civil works being executed by user and service departments;
- Provision of technical advisory services to the user Departments on proper planning for implementation and the actual execution of major maintenance activities involving civil, electrical & mechanical works;
- In liaison with other engineers in and outside the Department, assisting in the carrying out technical and financial appraisal of civil, electrical and mechanical rehabilitation or refurbishment, modification or modernization projects and also new developments for the Corporation;
- Preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual reports, as well as other reports as required.
- General advice to the Corporation on issues related to implementation of civil engineering works
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
- A good working knowledge of donor funded project implementation procedures and contract law/international guidelines
- A good working knowledge with Procurement Documents (Bidding and Contract documents)
- High levels of computer literacy, well developed communication/writing skills, analytical/problem solving skills.
- A minimum of BSc. in Civil Engineering (A Masters Degree in a relevant Engineering field will be an added advantage)
- Not less than 10 years hands-on experience in the planning, design, construction, operation andmaintenance of major engineering works, with a bias towards power supply facilities
- Member of Malawi Board of Engineers (full registration qualification will be an added advantage)
- Ability to handle complex work planning, costing and implementation to meet both targets andbudget, under minimal supervision (self-starter, high initiative)
- Stakeholder Management and Communication skills
- Ability to analyse and coming up with solutions to challenges in infrastructure development or power supply facilities and other associated works, in the face of the ever increasing negative and dynamic impact of environmental degradation and climate change (Excellent problem solving skills)
- Ability to undertake multiple tasks under confined environments (Highly multi-skilled)
How to apply
Candidates meeting the above minimum requirements and are interested in the job should send their applications and up-dated CVs with names of three (3) traceable and reputable referees, and certified copies of certificates, to the following address: –
Email: [email protected]
The closing date for receiving applications is 14th December, 2020
Only short-listed applicants shall be acknowledged.
Note that ESCOM is an equal opportunity employer