The Maryland Global Initiatives Corporation (MGIC) is seeking an experienced Technical Advisor to lead HIV Care and Treatment interventions for an upcoming program in Malawi. The program will provide technical assistance/mentorship and direct implementation of comprehensive, evidence-based and tailored HIV and TB prevention, care, support, and treatment interventions in established facilities in various provinces in Malawi.
This is a full-time position supporting an anticipated five-year project. The position is contingent upon award.
The Advisor will champion use of evidence–based interventions along the continuum of HIV care services by guiding adherence to the principles of continuous quality improvement through use of data, e.g. MER indicators, MPRs and SIMS reports.
- Design and lead project initiatives to scale up high-impact retention and viral load strategies that ensure a retention rate of over 90% and a viral load suppression rate of over 95%
- Proactively develop and/or update care and treatment strategies, guidelines, in-service training approaches/curricula, standard-operating procedures and job aids as required.
- Provide technical assistance for HIV programming across the clinical cascade in care and treatment particularly among key, priority and target populations (pregnant and breastfeeding women, children, adolescents, men).
- Design and lead project Continuous Improvement Initiatives (CQI) and technical assistance that increases utilization of and retention in care and treatment programs, as well as viral load suppression and monitoring.
- Provide technical assistance in care and treatment at national, provincial, district, facility and community level, including at youth-friendly facilities regional care and treatment Technical Working Groups (TWG), task teams, workshops and campaigns.
- Assess barriers to clients not retained in care and monitor trends in order to make changes in the provision of remedial services as necessary.
- Ensure care and treatment activities effectively incorporate and consider gender and stigma reduction programming and are linked with prevention, care, treatment, and support activities
- Coordinate and collaborate with the various care and treatment partners
- MPH or Master with clinical degree (MD, nursing) or PhD in Epidemiology.
- At least 10 years’ experience in implementing HIV programs, with at least 3 focused in care and treatment, including implementation of retention strategies and recency testing.
- Knowledge or experience in social, behavioral change communication implementation science.
- Experience in capacity building e.g. developing content, planning, and facilitating training and providing technical assistance.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate successfully with senior level representatives and high level government officials of international and in-country governmental and non-governmental agencies, multilateral and bilateral organizations
The Maryland Global Initiatives Corporation (MGIC) is an international non-profit affiliate of the University of Maryland, Baltimore that supports CIHEB to strengthen health systems and reduce the spread and impact of HIV/AIDS. Currently, MGIC has offices in Botswana, Kenya, Malawi, Mozambique, Nigeria, Rwanda, Tanzania, and Zambia.
Our Core Values are at the heart of our mission to improve the human condition through teaching, research and service.