Search For Jobs offers in Malawi
Stepping Stones International Primary School is based on a belief in the diverse talents of each child and expect hard work, kindness, and excellence from them in return. Stepping Stones provides rigorous academic training and culturally responsive programming. At the school children from disadvantaged circumstances learn alongside more economically privileged peers, international volunteers, and talented Malawian teachers. Children, families, teachers, and staff will share an expectation that after eight years of primary school all students will advance to the top secondary schools, be versed in principles of solidarity, community, and voice, and be prepared to be engaged citizens. The curriculum reflects principles of a holistic education: art, sport, music, drama, agriculture, field trips, community visitors, etc., which are a regular part of school routine.
The student body at Stepping Stones is half fee paying and half non-fee paying students. In other words, for every fee paying or sponsored child, a spot opens up for a child who cannot afford fees and would not have the opportunity otherwise. The free places are based on need, results, and family background, which are selected with the help of local chiefs.
Section 2: Responsibilities
– If you are a qualified teacher:
– Take a significant role by offering trainings to our local teachers and by supporting progressive education.
– Prepare lessons and support their deliveries.
– Setting improvement plans for learners with difficulties.
– Take responsibility of a class for a specific subject.
– Assist teachers in preparing lesson and teaching students.
– Help learners with English literacy and reading.
– Help with specific lessons in different subjects as Maths, Science, Arts, Geography, Language, Physical education, Life skills or Agriculture.
– Teach small groups of learners with difficulties.
– Pass on any of your unique talents to the next Malawi generation of leaders.
Put in place any artistic projects (drama, songs, dance, music, paint, etc.). You can use our hall and stage!
Improving our impressive library by adding and categorizing more books.
Improving our library environment with your creativity or any of your ideas.
We are feeding an impressive number of students with daily nutritious food. You can help us to improve and diversify our meals, or support our kitchen staff.
Enhance our school ground with permaculture, gardening, landscaping, playground, sport ground, etc.
We are in need to improve different communication tools. Whatever it’s with posters, handouts, social media, website.
Help promotion by taking pictures of our school or our students.
There is always a need to support the headmaster with various administration tasks
After knock-off, as you will be back at Butterfly, you can organize daily youth club activities with local children, using our dedicated room, playground and materials.
There other more manual tasks are constantly required like repairing, painting, building and more.
Section 3: Qualifications
Experience in working with children is beneficial but not crucial as even volunteers without experience can still spend time with the children to practice English skills and introduce new games, help with general maintenance etc.
To apply for this job please visit