Search For Jobs offers in Malawi
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved – and is committed to continuing to improve – economies, societies and most importantly, people’s lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
In Malawi, Palladium manages the USAID-funded Health Policy Plus (HP+) Project. HP+ works with key stakeholders to advance health policy and financing for family planning and reproductive health (FP/RH), HIV, and maternal and newborn health at national and subnational levels. The project aims to improve the enabling environment for equitable and sustainable health services, supplies, and delivery systems through policy development and implementation, with an emphasis on voluntary, rights-based health programs, and by strengthening in-country partners’ capacity to navigate complex environments for effective policy design, implementation, and financing aligned to the existing priorities.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
HP+ requires a Technical Advisor to support the project in two respects: (1) co-managing HP+ activities on combating early and forced marriage (CEFM) hand-in-hand with a Plan Malawi counterpart, and (2) ensuring quality capacity development and skills-building trainings and workshops.
The position is a fixed-term contract through September 2021, with an annual renewal thereafter depending on performance and USAID priorities, and the availability of funding.
1. Co-manage HP+ Malawi CEFM activities with a Plan Malawi counterpart. Palladium-led responsibilities will include:
Organizing national-level and district-level policy discussions on CEFM
Improve inter-ministerial coordination to support change
Engaging religious mother bodies (RMBs) on CEFM
Ensure smooth communications and coordination between Palladium Malawi, Plan Malawi, and HQ counterparts through routine meetings and collaborative decision-making
2. Ensure technical excellence in the design and development of HP+ workshops and trainings. This may include:
Designing and delivering trainings and workshops within our Youth portfolio
Providing technical assistance to other HP+ Malawi team members on capacity development methodologies as they design and deliver trainings and workshops for our other areas of work.
3. Identify modalities and tools to measure and evaluate capacity-strengthening activities.
4. Lead organizational capacity assessments if needed.
5. Contribute to project monitoring by providing weekly updates on activities and contributing to HP+ Malawi reporting.
6. Work with project managers to monitor budgets and spending on related activities.
7. Draft activity briefs, success stories, blogs, or other items to communicate the lessons learned and achievements of assigned portfolio(s).
8. Other related tasks as assigned on an as-needed basis
To apply for this job please visit