Search For Jobs offers in Malawi
Technical Associate II-MEAL Officer (Malawi Nationals Only) – (200000OB)
Catholic Relief Services is the official international humanitarian agency of the Catholic community in the United States. CRS works to save, protect, and transform lives in need in more than 100 countries, without regard to race, religion or nationality. CRS’ relief and development work is accomplished through programs of emergency response, HIV, health, agriculture, education, microfinance and peacebuilding.
You will provide technical analysis and support in the area of MEAL in line with Catholic Relief Services (CRS) program quality principles and standards, donor guidelines, and industry best practice to technical staff, and Country Program (CP) staff to advance the delivery of high-quality programming to the poor and vulnerable. Working closely with technical experts your skills and knowledge will contribute to determining how effective, adaptive and innovative CRS’ Malawi programming is across the globe.
Roles and Key Responsibilities:
· Research and analyze technical information from a variety of sources for technical problems to support CP teams in achieving technical excellence in ongoing programs/projects.
· Support the development of program/project documents and tools, as well as technical manuals or guidance, training materials, and quality improvement and assessment guidelines.
· Prepare presentations and coordinate project communication needs through writing and editing communication resources, such as case studies, brochures, briefs, peer-reviewed articles or reports, for both internal and external audiences.
· Coordinate and/or perform various activities in support of program/project design and implementation, including but not limited to needs assessment, strategic planning, program design and proposal writing, monitoring and evaluation, and technological solutions.
· Collect and disseminate related information and resources to CRS staff and partners and assist with organization, design and coordination of training workshops to support capacity building efforts. Identify new approaches and methods for online learning.
· Contribute to the learning agenda by researching and analyzing information, conducting literature reviews, mappings or information gathering from various internal and external sources on assigned topics. Coordinate maintenance of virtual resource and documentation databases.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
· Good relationship management skills with ability to work collaboratively as part of a multidisciplinary and multicultural teams
· Strategic, analytical, problem-solving and systems thinking capacity and skills
· Good writing skills
· Strong data collection and research skills and ability to interpret and analyze data
· Proactive, resourceful and results-oriented
· Proficient in MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), Web Conferencing Applications, knowledge-sharing networks
Key Working Relationships:
Internal: Technical Advisor MEAL, Program Managers/Officers
External: CRS partners
· Master’s in international development, or field(s) related to MEAL required.
· Minimum of two to three years of relevant work experience with an international NGO, with at least one year of field-based programming experience.
· Additional experience may substitute for some education.
· General knowledge of technical principles and concepts in MEAL.
· Knowledge of program design requirements and regulations of major donors.
· Knowledge of project design and proposal development.
· Knowledge of latest technological tools that have the potential to be applied in MEAL.
· Strong English writing skills.
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff)
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
· Continuous Improvement & Innovation
· Builds Relationships
· Develops Talent
· Strategic Mindset
· Accountability & Stewardship
***Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. We welcome as a part of our staff people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need. CRS’ processes and policies reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
Disclaimer:? This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
CRS’ talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
CRS is an Equal Opportunity Employe
To apply for this job please visit