Export Development Fund (EDF) is a development finance institution (DFI) mandated to promote the growth as well as diversification of the country’s exports. EDF’s mission is to accelerate structural transformation in Malawi through various financial and non-financial interventions availed to businesses in growth sectors of the economy. EDF also plays a leading role in job creation by investing in ambitious projects and initiatives with the aim of enhancing the competitiveness of Malawi’s exports
By taking on strategic investments that may fall outside the risk acceptance criteria for commercial banks, the additionality of EDF’s interventions is more pronounced as EDF is able to reach out to enterprises that are in dire need of financing as recently demonstrated by the rapid disbursements under the COVID-19 Trade Impact Mitigation Facility (COTIFA) which extended loans and advances in the amount equivalent to US$ 20 million
EDF’s young and dynamic team is motivated towards the collective goal of transforming Malawi’s trade sector for accelerated economic development
Exciting opportunities have arisen for energetic and innovative individuals to join EDF. We are therefore inviting applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the following position:
Position: Treasury Analyst
Reporting to the Chief Finance Officer, the Treasury Analyst is responsible for managing all cash flows and liquidity position for EDF
Key responsibilities include the following:
- Monitoring and managing the EDF’s correspondent bank relationships and liquidity management
- Managing foreign currency exposures as well as foreign currency payments.
- Prepare periodic liquidity and cash flow budgets Interest rate risk management and development of risk mitigation strategies
- Foreign exchange risk management and development of foreign exchange risk mitigation strategies.
- Forecasting of medium and long- term funding and hedging requirements.
- Manage settlement process for capital market transactions to ensure compliance with the relevant business processes and controls and to verify the log of daily trades to ensure processing of all transactions.
- Implement new modules and daily operations of the Fund’s treasury and settlement systems by developing expert knowledge of the Fund’s treasury and settlement systems and play a key role in implementing workflow for new financial products
- Assume the management and timely update of the key static data in the treasury system (Standard Settlement Instruction Customer data)
- Establish a continuous dialogue with third parties (counterparties, custodians) for pre and post settlement verifications in order to avoid fails
- Send and receive trades confirmation and execute trade matching process
- Monitor and verify accuracy of rate fixings.
- Verify trades reset notification and payment advices received from counterparties
- Invest/place excess funds in short, medium and long term facilities in line with approved counter-party deal limits.
- Perform reconciliation of interest on investments and ensure proper documentation for audit purposes
- Provide sound recommendation for the Fund’s participation in secondary market i.e. Treasury Bills (TBs), equities. bonds and other papers that may come on the market
- Prepare periodic reports on liquidity position, investment portfolio, maturity mismatch and counter-party deal limit compliance.
- Create models involving cash flow, statement of financial position and statement of comprehensive income projections.
- Review Credit Support Annexes and record specifications in the treasury system
Preferred Qualifications, Skills, Experience and Attributes are as follows:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Banking, Accounting or Economics coupled with professional qualifications such as CFA, ACCA, CIMA or Masters’ Degree in related field
- A minimum of 4 years’ proven hands-on experience in treasury or corporate finance.
- Excellent analytical and financial analysis skills -strong knowledge of capital market operations and instruments
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently
How to apply
Interested candidates should submit their applications clearly indicating the position together with detailed CV and names of three traceable referees by Friday 15th January 2021 via email to [email protected]
All addressed to
The Managing Director
Export Development Fund Limited
First Floor Pamodzi House Presidential Way Drive
P.O. Box 30063
EDF is an equal opportunity employer as such women are encouraged to apply