Search For Jobs offers in Malawi
We view employees as our most valuable asset, and the key to our success. That’s why we provide team members a career (not just a job), supported by training and development opportunities, and a positive, collaborative work environment. We offer the resources of a large company, while preserving our small company feel. Employees are encouraged to work hard, have fun and build strong relationships along the way! Community involvement, diversity and inclusion, and employee empowerment are central to our Company’s culture.
What We Offer:
* Competitive Pay and Benefits
* Strong Company and Safety Culture
* Rewarding Bonus Program
* Generous Paid Time Off Provisions
* 401K Retirement Savings Plan With Company Match
* Training and Educational Assistance Opportunities
We are currently accepting applications for a motivated, self-directed Warranty Manager.
The Warranty Manager is knowledgeable in the operation and maintenance of the various building systems as installed in the works. This representative shall respond immediately (24 hours or less) and be responsible for warranty management. Candidate must be qualified and cleared U.S. citizen. This person shall be qualified to address, record, and resolve warranty issues during the warranty period and be certified to act on the Contractor’s behalf during the warranty management period.
What You’ll Do:
* Communicate and coordinate actions with the responsible Government representative (normally the Facility Manager).
* Respond to building system deficiencies, including inspection, evaluation, and documentation of such deficiencies. Documentation
* Shall include photographs to include date and location of defect in question and an additional photograph of finished repair or resolution to warranty item in question.
* Arrange for repairs or replacements of warrant-able
* Document issues, actions, and solutions and incorporate records as a part of the Project Document Set. The agent shall surrender these records to the Government representative upon termination of the warranty
* Record and develop a report on expected times between failure of system
* As a follow up to warranty actions, the agent shall review procedures with the Government Operating and Maintenance staff and verify agent responsibilities are in compliance with building systems procedures. This will avoid conditions that might lead to warranty action or denial of action.
* Develop a summary of lessons learned during the warranty management process for incorporation into the Maintenance Plan as described in Section 017825, Operation and Maintenance
* Participate in an on-site warranty meeting within 8 to 11 months after Substantial Completion. The agent shall review the Contractor’s warranty management reports with the Project Director/COR (or authorized representative), O&M Staff, and OBO’s Commissioning Agent (CxA). The agent shall identify additional areas that may come under warranty or under the original construction contract. The agent shall present information to track and correct warranty-related issues prior to expiration of the warranty.
* Perform other duties as assigned
What We’re Looking For:
To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each previously stated duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and ability necessary to succeed in this role.
Experience: At least six (6) years’ of commercial or institutional facility maintenance or project management experience working with multiple building trades.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline, and an additional four years of similar or relevant experience. OSHA 10 Hour safety certification preferred.
Skills: Business acumen, judgment, communication, solid leadership, client relations, negotiation, project management, solid construction knowledge, decision-making, conflict resolution, tact, adaptable and analytical abilities are all necessary skills for a Project Manager. Ability to obtain security clearance is required.
Technology: Candidate should have experience with or be able to learn specific project management and scheduling software (ex: JDE, Procore, Bluebeam, Asta). Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite is required. Training will be provided on company standards.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position at this time.
The Company does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or agencies. Any resume submitted to any employee of the Company without a prior written search agreement will be considered unsolicited and the property of The Company. Please, no phone calls or emails.
The Company is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment (minorities, females, and veterans, individuals with disabilities, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected categories in accordance with state and federal laws). The Company is a drug and alcohol free workplace and background checks are required if applicable.
To apply for this job please visit